Sunday, December 28, 2008

Can You Believe That A Lady Gets Fired For Saying "Merry Christmas!" Over The Phone..

I was reading a CBS news article earlier and this news really shocked me.. i'll leave it to you to decide who's right or wrong...



A Christian woman claims she was fired from her job because she greeted callers with "Merry Christmas," but the vacation rental company says it's no Scrooge and the woman is just a disgruntled employee.

Tonia Thomas, 35, said she refused to say "Happy Holidays" and was fired, even after offering to use the company's non-holiday greeting. The Panama City woman filed a federal complaint that accuses the company of religious discrimination. She is seeking compensation for lost wages.

"I hold my core Christian values to a high standard and I absolutely refuse to give in on the basis of values. All I wanted was to be able to say 'Merry Christmas' or to acknowledge no holidays," she said Tuesday. "As a Christian, I don't recognize any other holidays."

Thomas said she is Baptist......

Source

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both sides are being ridiculous....